A Monday Afternoon.♡
First & foremost — Happy Monday. I hope today was such a peaceful day for you & you've discovered a little more about yourself today.
Oddly, Monday's are pretty much my favorite day of the week. I enjoy putting things into perspective & having a true 'fresh start'. All the #MondayMotivation affirmations & quotes snatch my life every time.
But this Monday was truly magical. Let me first point out that it didn't start off with birds chirping & that lovely morning stretch after a good night's rest. This morning it was extremely hard for me to get out of bed & I was trapped in my mind for hours. I continued thinking about what everyone else has going on & I was super sappy about someone I said my final goodbyes to. Then, to top it off all of the emails and text messages started coming through with due dates, upcoming assignments, etc. Talk about feeling overwhelmed? Yep.
So how did I finally get out of bed?
I started by blocking this person's number who I've said my farewells to & then took a deep breath. I went over to Apple Podcasts to see if there were any new episodes for me to catch up on. I then took a look around my room and it was literally trashed. Clothes, books, pillows — everything was everywhere.
I think it being Monday alone put a lot into perspective for me. I didn't want to start my week off with low energy and this also meant that I needed to clear my space in order to clear my mind.
Upon getting out of bed, here's how my Monday went :
- Washed a little bit of laundry (My laundry hasn't been touched in almost a month. GROSS, I know.)
- Cranked up my speakers & listened to the BlackGirlInOm Podcast.♡ Today's episode was just what I needed as the conversation was on 'Vibrating higher'.
- Tidied up my room & cleared up my space. [This one of my most self-relieving acts.]
- Ran a hot bubble batch at 2:00pm. Yes girl, & I'm not kidding!
- Cracked open a new read by Bell Hooks 'All About love'. & I will say I am IN LOVE!
- Washed some dishes & headed out the door for work!
This has probably been one of the most productive Monday's I've had in a VERY long time. I think what makes today my favorite was being able to take a freaking bath in the middle of the day. At that moment, I knew that the rest of my day was in a good space & great energy.
Here's what I realized :
- Real love = True commitment & intentional actions towards oneself or unto another.
- Taking a hot bubble bath on the middle of a Monday afternoon = Real Love.
- I know somedays it's hard to get out of bed, but literally one positive action can set the tone for the rest of the day.
- I deserve to give myself the love I so freely give to others.
- Take everything one moment at a time. One breath at a time.
- Be still.
- Hot bubble baths are the fucking best thing ever.
To all a great Monday night.
Your Blogger Sister.♡