5 Gems For My Blogger Babes this 2018.
Top Five, Top Five.🖐🏾
As a relatively new blogger on the scene, there are so many things I wish I knew when I first started out.
What makes this time of year so special is that a lot of Bloggers and Brands are working on either their best content or planning for their bomb events/posts for the New Year.
With that being said, I have curated a list of 5 Bomb tips in which you can take advantage of during this Holiday Season, while many are in their planning stages.
Take Time and do your Research.📚
- There are THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of Bloggers and Brands out there - But do you know any of them? If blogging is something you seriously want to consider as a potential Job, it's important to know who's within the Blogging Community. This will allow you to make amazing connections, share ideas and land awesome sponsorships and collaborations! Not only that, but you get to learn the Blogging styles of others and pick up on some mistakes or even learn a few things that you may like.
- During this time of year, while many are in planning and prepping mode this can mean more room for open opportunities. Personally, sometimes I get stuck while planning and I would love to bounce ideas with another creative and help get those juicy juices flowing. So this is the perfect time to start reaching out to your favorite and upcoming Bloggers and Brands.
2. It's Only Right - Start Planning & Building Your Own Brand.
- Just like other Bloggers and Brands are planning and prepping for the New Year, be aware - you should be too!
Start by asking yourself these three questions to jump start your planning stage:
- How do I want my Brand/Blog to be presented in 2018?
- What am I passionate about?
- What areas of my Brand/Blog needs improvement, if any? (Marketing materials, content, or even your website design . . . Maybe?)
No matter what it may be, start taking the necessary steps to improve. This is how I see it:
"Success comes when you CONSISTENTLY work at it - NOT occassionally." So get to WERK babe! That way, when the New Year finally arrives, you already at least have an outline and you've positioned yourself and your Blog/Brand on the path to success. 💋
3. Make your Business Cards ASAP
- I've only been in the Blogging game for a little less than a year now and I've just put in the order for my Business cards. With the advancements of technology, some believe that business cards are a waste of money.
W R O N G.
How many events have you gone to where you've met someone and you both agreed to follow each other on social media . . . Hours after the event, you forget their name & welp, no followers for you.
Business cards are another way to showcase your creativity and proves to other Brands and Bloggers how serious you take your work. Not only that, but with someone physically walking away with a piece of you - How could they ever forget?
This is the perfect time of year to create your business cards because once all the networking and brunching events roll around in the New Year, you'll be ready to whip them out & let the follower count take off!
This holiday season, take your time in creating your Business Card design and let your family members take a look at them while you're home. It's always better to have an extra set of eyes!
4. Incorporate Reading + Writing into your New Year's Resolution.📖✍🏾
- This Holiday, head to your local Library or Bookstore and pick up one book that you're interested in to read throughout the holidays.
In order to become a better Writer and Blogger, YOU MUST READ. There really is no other way to put it. Not only is writing out your thoughts and ideas a great form of therapy, but it is also a way to exercise our brains and help wake our minds up after a long day.
Also, as Bloggers, Physically writing out our blogs as drafts prior to publishing is VERY important. We benefit SO much from this step. And personally, it's just the best way for me to get in my zone about a topic I'm passionate about. When I write, I remove myself from all outside factors, and let it be Me, my pen & that paper.
Reading & Writing are two great habits to get into especially for college students (like myself), who may not have had the time to really indulge in those areas. Kick your feet back on Mamma's couch, sip some tea & get it popping.😊
5. Self-Care, Unplug + Recharge.🔋
- Now you already know I'm here for all the Self-Care and "Me time." After a stressful semester, going through Depression, fighting these cold ass winds this winter Month .. What else can you do?
As Bloggers we need a break. We need time to allow our thoughts to resurface. Because just like any other Human Being, our purpose and our passions can get lost in the translation of all that we do. I believe that in order to stay fruitful and keep your content fresh and alive, you have to take time for you girl.
How do you Self Care?
When was the last time you went to the gym? Better yet, when's the last time you took a warm Bubble bath?
Oh wait, when's the last time you put yourself first? If you can't pin-point a specific time in which you've done these things, Girrrrrrl get to it!
Not only do I get writer's block, but I sometimes hit these road blocks in my life where I get stuck and I start getting weary of my vision and get worried that maybe I was wrong all along. When really all I need to do is take a step back - I take a step back from blogging and involve myself in other activities that keep my joy alive. I love to Film, I love to binge watch my favorite Netflix shows and I love to just hang with good ass friends. Sometimes that's all you need to get back on your feet and helping keep those creative juices flowing.
What's next Blogger Babe?
First, go Study for those Finals and then REST! Your Blog isn't going anywhere. As long as you have a Vision and a Plan - I know for sure, without a doubt that you will succeed. Just Remember ...
"Success comes when you CONSISTENTLY work at it - NOT occasionally."
But do rest. Do take care of your mind, body and spirit when you need it.
Happy Blogmas 2017.♡
♡ ♡ ♡